Sep 5, 2020

Mix and match Panasonic DECT Cordless phones


Recently while shopping at a second hand store I found what appeared to be a new set of two Panasonic cordless phones, or a NEW dual handset cordless phone. Upon further inspection the phones did look quite new in original packaging, with orignal documentation. The only issue was that one rechargable battery was missing.  Knowing they looked new and that I had a temporary need they were well worth the $9.99 I paid for them.

I made the purchase, took it home and connected it, and tested both handsets, although I was one battery short to use both handsets simultaneously. Both handsets were working, I was just one battery short.

A few days later I was at anoher shop and found a pretty white , new looking Panasonic handset of a different model, with charging base and 2 rechargable batteries in it. The price was $3.00 so I bought it at least for the batteries.  I took this home, charged it anf turned it on, and it was searching for a base. I then initiated the handset/base pairing process just to see if it would pair with my base, and it did! As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!" I now had 3 compatible handsets, but stil one battery short!

Now curiosity was killing me so I borrowed a handset from a completely different model of Panasonic cordless phone and again it paired successfully to the base. 

The lesson here is that many of these Panasonic handsets share compatibility and need not be of the same model to pair. I am running four handsets, two of which are unique models from the others, all on one single base. 








No comments: